Planescape (2e) module reviews

For the last three years I’ve run a Planescape campaign through almost all of its modules. Now, after successfully finishing it, I want to look back and review these adventures, highlighting the pros and cons of each one, starting with the introductory one — “To Baator and Back”.

2 Likes

I love Planescape but have never played any of the modules. I know Planescape is 2e so it’s sort of on the cusp of the OSR “cutoff”. In general, how closely do you feel these modules hewed to OSR principles?

Some are too linear for my taste, but there are some gems present in this lineup for sure. Next one I will review, for example, is a full-blown city-crawl investigation module.

I’ve read your first review and please don’t stop, this is really nice !

2 Likes

Thanks!
I plan to release these series of posts every three weeks, between other topics I cover on my blog.

2 Likes

Next one — a low-level investigation adventure set in Sigil.

1 Like
1 Like

What a regularity, you’re a machine !

1 Like

A level-agnostic adventure from “The Well of Worlds” anthology.

One of the best one-shots from “The Well of Worlds” anthology.

“Well of Worlds” again, this time we venture into the depths of Carceri!

A review of the second chapter of “The Great Modron March” anthology — “The Unswerving Path”.

Today’s review is the third chapter of “The Great Modron March” anthology — “Ambushed!”, where the party tries to protect the modrons from being captured by the order of evil nomadic knights.

1 Like

Today’s review is about four mysterious portals of Sigil that open every 500 years and lead to the places most mysterious, even by the multiverse’s standards.

Today’s review once again brings you to Sigil, where a serial killer is on the loose, a new cult worships the Lady of Pain, and even the dabus act weird and nervous. Whoever is behind all of this, you soon understand that the answer lies inside the Harbinger House…