Anybody know any free short 1 page "Dungeons" with clear drawings and only basic info/stats please?

I mean something along these lines:

I know the 1 page dungeon website of course and as much as I like the concept, I often find the genre or place too specific and above all the drawings too unclear or not so happening. Sometimes they also have a bit much text.

Another good example would be the MOTHERSHIP and related modules, all the info you 100% need to run it is actually on or right next to the map and you don’t need to leaf through the book to figure out what they players exactly are encountering or up against.

It doesn’t have to be an actual Dungeon! I just want to be able to run an encounter or exploration within 1 session to completion. And that I can likely drop it into my campaign rather easily. It could be an abandoned guard tower, a mine, a small ship, a small cave or tunnel system, a 3 room mansion, Inn or any place that incorporates encounters/possible combat and facilitates a mini adventure within the map and location.

Ideally they are at least a little bit Jaquayed = non-linear dungeon design, not super Rail Roady, for instance more than one entrance and/or two conventional paths and 1 unconventional/secret paths PCs can take.

Anyway, it is a lot to ask, but since there is so many blogs, free content, maps, side-treks and 1 page dungeons out there, I thought perhaps someone had encountered one or two dungeons along the lines above. I have searched myself of course but found little. Many thanks.

1 Like

You’re welcome, these are the best.

6 Likes

Well this is similar to what I do in my free time :]
Short dungeons and encounters, complete with some stats and story hooks.

I used to do one page layouts but I recently switch to two facing pages as it looks less cramped and easier to read.

You can find me here in The Pit but also on Facebook.

Let me know if there is something that draws your attention or if you have an suggestion on how to improve!

6 Likes

I’ve got a few I’ve put out. They aren’t very “drawing” heavy because I actually think you can do more with a couple of terse words over a small illustration in a limited space. But, they are all self contained and need nothing more than the single page to run. They are all very Jaquayed. Here they are:

Enjoy! I’ve only had the chance to run The Catacombs of the Invigorating Dirge and The Pit House, but both were very fun to run. My players were in The Pit House for about 4 sessions, which is a lot of gaming out of one piece of paper.

1 Like

Oh hey, shameless selfplug, but the things you describe is actually something I want to tackle on my new blog:
https://edisdungeons.blogspot.com/

I want to create very simple dungeons on the alexandrians node based approach and kind of in the style of chicagowiz 3-hex starters.

I hope the maps and stuff can be helpful, although there isn’t a lot yet, because I just started out

5 Likes

Quest for the MurderSword (link leads to pdf)

Temple of the Moon Priests (Onepage dungeon that received stats and a printer friendly version. Linked site also refers to the original post if you prefer that.)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, that is a lot of very useful replies! :slight_smile: I am looking through the links, but I actually ended up running one by Skerples based on the link above.

1 Like

Check out my first review. It isn’t fee but it’s by an artist you like!