Favorite blogging platform?

Hey all! I hate to flood the forum with a bunch of brainstorming posts (although I just like to talk about things with y’all!), and I know blogging is a great way to get things out of your head. What platforms do yall use? :slight_smile: I’m familiar with Wordpress.com and Tumblr, but I don’t think I’ve seen either of those linked on here.

While I agree that this is not the right tool for everybody, I’m using Hexo hosted on Netlify. It takes a bit more work than the standard blogging platform, but I find it nicer and more relaxing to write.

1 Like

I actually use Netlify for my personal portfolio site! Didn’t think it would be useful for more casual blogging too :smiley: thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

I’ve been using blogger lately. However, Netlify looks very nice. I’m going to try it out.

1 Like

I’ve been using blogger as well, and I’m mostly happy with it. I picked it simply because I’ve heard that wordpress is a bit kludged and blogger is the other platform I’ve been aware of the longest. I’m a bit annoyed that it doesn’t have a table tool, but there are ways around that.

1 Like

Blogger was super handy when you could Share directly to geeplus. If I could do it again I would use WordPress, I like the functionality of it, but it can get a bit nerdy behind the scenes if you want to. Plus you can host a domain with it (which I believe is doable on blogger as well.). Use what works for yah

2 Likes