Kingroy's Arts n' Crafts Corner

Hey folks!

I like to mess around with drawing occasionally, and I’m trying to improve my art skills. I also dabble in making terrain(though I never use it) and maps. I’ll probably post drawings that relate to my osr projects here.

I recently discovered Autodesk Sketchbook, a free drawing program, and I love it! Sketching on it inexplicably replicates paper much better than my previous program of choice (krita), and there’s a ton of great brushes.

Anyway, here’s a drawing of one of my 5e characters that I created while figuring out Sketchbook! Comments and Criticism welcome.

4 Likes

Awesome! I love how you did the eyes. I dig his Rambo look too!

1 Like

His hair is like a big thunder cloud :cloud_with_lightning:

1 Like

I love the fact that he look like some kind of Rambo Zeus. You could write some American Gods-y story starting from this picture.

2 Likes

Map 1 or Map 2?

2 Likes

#1 IMO - the extra detail on the shoreline gives it more depth. I personally might apply the same effect on the interior lakes, that little volcano out there, and that bigger island on the top left. Consistency in maps always appeals to my eyes, they look so satisfying!

Great job Kingroy!! This little section is my favorite:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Some other people I’ve asked also said they prefer #1. Good idea about doing to the volcano.

1 Like

#1 I definitely agree with Bluiss.

1 Like