Looking for OSR wuxia adventures

Hi, I’m looking for any OSR adventures that would fit in a fantasy Chinese-inspired martial arts campaign.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Yoon-Suin is the first that comes to mind, but it’s not really an adventure so much as it is a setting/toolbox.

1 Like

Yes, Yoon-Suin is a great setting. I also have Mad Monks of Kwantoom and Flower Liches of the Dragonboat Festival by Kabuki Kaiser.

Oriental Adventures for 1e might have some interesting options in it for you as well to look at.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are no adventures in Oriental Adventures.

I did remember Qelong to add to the list!

1 Like

Not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but you might glean some inspiration from A thousand, thousand Islands which are some adventures inspired by South East Asia.

Also check out Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate, a PWYW wuxia system. I don’t think its OSR but it might have some cool idea.

2 Likes

Take a look at FLYING SWORDSMEN by Lord Gwydion at “What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse” (and I think he has advice for Wuxia adventure conversion in there), or Chris Pramas’ DRAGON FIST which it was based on. Swordsmen is an OSR game.

I know that Advanced Adventures #17 for OSRIC is a Wuxia styled adventure.

1 Like

I have looked at Wandering Heroes and it is full of great stuff. I just wish it was OSR!

A thousand thousand islands looks interesting. Are they adventures or settings?

1 Like

Dragonfist and Flying Swordsmen first got me interested in the genre. I have tweaked their rules for Dungeon Crawl Classics as Stunt Dice and Mighty Deeds seem similar.

I hadn’t known of AA17. Thank you! Did Advanced Adventures do any other Fantasy Asia adventures?

1 Like

You and I have talked briefly about this on FB, I believe, @zmadpoet!

If I find any other Asian-styled stuff, I’ll let you know. I believe Burning Shaolin by Robin Laws was duel started for the Feng Shui RPG as well as D&D 3.0

1 Like

Yes, I think we have and thank you!

1 Like

I don’t think it has adventures, but I’ve heard of a supplement called The Golden Scroll of Justice that could at the very least give you some inspiration for running a Wuxia setting and maybe creating adventures for it.

1 Like

I believe they are “adventure settings” :stuck_out_tongue:. I haven’t read them so I’m not sure, but that’s what the author calls them in the product’s blurb.

1 Like

Also, @zmadpoet - check out Moon-Daughter’s Fate , now funding on Indiegogo.

2 Likes

Very cool! Thank you!