Name This Monster! A Six-Legged Fire-Breathing Dragon-Dog

This is the logo of the AGIP/ENI Italian petroleum corporation.

As you can clearly see, this should be a monster in your game. Six legs representing the four wheels of a car and the two legs of the driver, combustive breath of life, the combined power of the dog, lion and dragon.

And of course, it should be possible to tame and mount such a beast.

I’ve made a quick statblock for it, but quite desperately need a good name for it. And if you have any clue about what else this monster might be, or where it might come from, do not hesitate to let me know.

Let’s play: NAME THIS MONSTER!

[Your name here!]: HD 8; AC 4 [15]; Atk 2*claw 1d8, bite 2d10 ; Sav 11; Spec spits flaming oil on 10’x20’ area, 1d6+1 damage per round for 3 rounds; ML 10; AL L.

7 Likes

Exileg-Flammog! (six legged flame dog)

1 Like

I name it the Corlanth.

2 Likes

Maybe an Agipen (the plural would be Agipeni).

4 Likes

Hexakyon: HD 8; AC 4 [15]; Atk 2*claw 1d8, bite 2d10 ; Sav 11; Spec spits flaming oil on 10’x20’ area, 1d6+1 damage per round for 3 rounds; ML 10; AL L.

Or

Ignidog: HD 8; AC 4 [15]; Atk 2*claw 1d8, bite 2d10 ; Sav 11; Spec spits flaming oil on 10’x20’ area, 1d6+1 damage per round for 3 rounds; ML 10; AL L.

3 Likes

It’s obviously a pregnant dingo

1 Like

What think you to Phlogistiterrier?

1 Like

I learned just today that this creature does indeed have a name: Tarantasio.

It is the representation of a mythical creature, some kind of dragon, which was famed to live in the area where the first methane reserve of the AGIP/ENI was found (and, according to the legend, the dragon breathed some kind of “bad air”). It’s more famous as the “biscione” (big snake) in Milan’s coat of arms:

Drakehound. I keep things simple and usually rely on players to name the Monster for me. Dragons are Hexapods anyway :slight_smile: