Play-by-post megadungeon exploration

This is just a general call for any interest in medium-to-long-form PbP exploration of a procedurally generated megadungeon. I ran this dungeon for about a year before giving it up for personal reasons, and I’m keen to get it started again. It’ll be running on a dedicated forum using Finders Keepers. Drop me any questions you like here as well!

3 Likes

I’d like to give it a try!

1 Like

https://endlessdungeon.freeforums.net/ it’s still very much under construction, but you’re welcome to have a poke around

3 Likes

Any reason we don’t play here? I’d be interested in learning to do PBP but

1. don’t really want to add another website to my checklist and

2. would like to see The Pit get more utilization

2 Likes

Agreed, I think the Pit would be a great fit for this!

1 Like

I cannot speak for @Spwack but it seems their project is a bit ambitious and involves many categories and threads. I suppose that going for that structure in a forum you don’t really have control over could be extremely difficult.

Anyway, if anybody wants to play by post in the Pit, discobot can be used as a dice roller (I would demonstrate that at the end of this post - if I don’t mess it up again) and a custom category can be set up for play by post threads.

@discobot roll 3d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 2, 1, 1

1 Like

Well, I think to start you should create a PBP area, I don’t think one exists here yet.

2 Likes

While I definitely could use the pit for it, it would be a pretty intensive use of threads in order to get the same structure that I’m aiming for. And correct @thekernelinyellow , I’m looking to try and get a bit more fine control over it, since that was a problem I was finding when I first ran this dungeon.

That said, I reckon PbP here in smaller threads would be absolutely fantastic, especially for one-shots and the like!

2 Likes