Shameless self-promotion!

I’ve written up a brief post about how spells work in my setting/home game.

Spells are magic germs you conquer and take inside yourself to later force them to manifest in the material plane. Magic is inherently evil. Magical alchemy is double evil because you have to murder spells to do it. Named spells are basically just regular spells that have been forcibly injected with spell steroids.

Filth Pig Spells in General, Named Spells, Spell Alchemy

2 Likes

I’ve read “Dark Places & Demogorgons” and I kind of liked it. Read the full review if you wanna know what I liked and disliked about the game.

2 Likes

I read you regularly.

1 Like

Thank you very much :blush:

1 Like

Decided to start a new blog since my old one was too focused on LotFP and I’ve decided to branch out a bit.

Check out BRINEHOUSE and add me to your blogrolls! Thanks!

Today, I had a big creative drive: I’ve created a small “parallel universes” setting on my blog. System agnostic, up to now.

19 alternate realities placed on a D20.
Hope you like it !

1 Like

A few days a ago, I posted the groundwork for a Multiverse setting. (see previous message)

Now is the question of which system to use? (and As of Yet, I have no answer)

New blog post:

1 Like

Wrote up a Elf reskin for B/X

2 Likes

First peek at the system of Europol-X.
It’s loosely based on 5E.
Here i present the first of the “previous careers”, before your character joined their europol-X cell. They work similarly to 5E’s backgrounds…

1 Like

Hi everyone!
Continuing to work on my “parallel realities cold war project”, i present you the 3rd career (yes, i did not present the 2nd on purpose. Just in case you want to buy the book one day :wink: )
Like always, a d10 table for drama is included, so your DM has some help in creating a life for your character

Hi everyone! I see a lot of people using this thread to post a single post from their blog, which is going to end up swamped as the thread grows.

As it is stated in the first post, this is the place to link your blog/channel/whatever when you don’t have a specific post in mind which you would like to share. For single posts (especially if they can gather enough discussion) there is a specific category: #blogs-n-links. If you don’t feel like to open a new thread for each post, you could also open a thread for your blog and post there (PM me if you’d like to extract your comments here in a dedicated thread :grinning:). Please don’t lose precious readers by posting where it’s difficult to find your work!

3 Likes

I actually did not realize that was the intent of this post, I thought it was a way to avoid clutter on the front page, thanks for this clarification.

1 Like

Yes, thanks for the clarification !
I’ll open another thread soon for my Europol-X stuff (no need to try and transfer the comments - do you want those post then erased from this thread?)

1 Like

So, dear friends, one of my projects is coming near completion… So I wrote a small teasing for it on my blog, with a few extracts from the book…

1 Like

I’ve reviewed Michael Crichton’s “timeline”, a novel of time travel with a pinch of medieval historical realism.

I really liked it… And if you wanna know what is to be recycled for role-playing sessions, just read the complete review on my blog :

Hi!
I have just started publishing my WHITEFRANK system and it would be lovely were you to review it. Do you have contact details I can use to send you review copies?

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/jonathan-nolan/whitefrank-rpg/paperback/product-5d247q.html?page=1&pageSize=4

After a long pause, today i published the 7th blog post in my “real places in RPG”-series.

Today we travel to the deserts of Iran to visit the Izadkhast Caravanserai (a fortified inn on the Silk Road)

1 Like

Continuing on with the desert vibe, I present on my blog today the unbelievable cave of the Djinns, the Majlis al-Jinn cave !

Remember, this is a real place !

1 Like

What is more OSR than TSR’s settings?
To not die an idiot, I decided to get and read the Great Old Ones, the settings published by TSR for D&D, in the eighties and nineties.
I decided to review them too, under the prism of using them with 5E, due to my hate for the AD&D2 ruleset.
This is my review of the print on demand version of the Dark Sun boxed set (from '89, if I recall correctly)

1 Like