Thálassa - a Mythic Greek Age Cairn Hack

I’m really excited to announce the release of Thálassa, the adventure game set in the Mythical Age sung by Hesiod and Homer.

In Italy where I was born and still live, classical myths are part of any student’s education. Since middle school they have been a passion that have accompanied me through the decades and that I have always wanted to see transposed into RPGs.

This is my attempt to stay true to the original sources without adding a lot of interpolation, but keeping the rulebook playable.

It would not have been possible to write a rulebook like this without the availability of Into The Odd, Weird North, and Cairn’s SRD, and I thank their authors for making their games available to hacks.

The full text of the rules and maps are available under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 license on the site and in the GitHub repository.
The editable ODT and markdown files, along with the epub file and PDF without illustrations are available for free download in the demo section.
The PDF enriched with layout and illustrations reworked in vector format from the original ancient Greek pottery is sold for a small fee.

Let me know in the comments what you think of this work and I remind you that future developments can be followed both on itch.io page and on my blog Zotiquest

5 Likes