The OSR PIT Zine is ALIVE! Now open for submissions

its called “the pit”

2 Likes

I reserved a double spot for stuff about the setting, you can definitely work with that space.

1 Like

Thank you! Haven’t quite seen a subject I’d be capable of illustrating yet, but will keep checking in. Could make a painting of one of the encounters or denizens. Or would be happy to post illustration and have somebody generate a NPC/monster background, stats, etc? Rather new to the whole scene really…

2 Likes

Does anyone have a completed example?

1 Like

Hi,
Haven’t been too active on these forums due to a million other things in my life, but I’d be down to do some art for the zine!
Examples of my D&D-type work.
I’m down to draw just about anything tbh

3 Likes

Hey, I’ve finished putting my review for Willow in the template.

It’s in the google drive now. Here’s the example:

1 Like

Here’s a rough drawing for my submission a friend helped by creating. I couldn’t post my idea for the zine due to an inability to log in to the site until today. It’s a magical snowman. Is he good? He don’t look like a nice snowman to me. He’s found deep inside a pit within the pit. Very Spooky. Each of his items are magical or serve a purpose. The carrot nose for example… one bite can provide the nourishment an adventurer needs to last a week in the pit. His coal buttons can be compressed into diamonds. Could there be more treasure? If this submission gets accepted be prepared to… SWEAT LIKE A SNOWMAN IN HELL!

4 Likes

We have one double slot left. Do you want to sign up for it?

It’s be an honor to have a full page spread <3

Yeah I want the last spread for this bitchin’ snowman!

1 Like

Hey folks, hope things are proceeding smoothly!

@LF_OSR set up a Discord, we can use it to chat about the zine.

3 Likes

This should be linked in the “about” or “faq” sections!

1 Like

PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING ARTWORK TO THE ZINE

If possible please submit artwork at 300 DPI - this will help with image quality / clarity when we create the final versions for digital and POD. If you have previous artwork that is not at 300 DPI, or have already started a piece at a different DPI, there’s a couple things we can attempt to upscale the image without too much loss from the original version. If you’re not familiar with how to do that just let me know.

Feel free to reach out in the zine Discord if you have any art related questions aside from the DPI. Can’t wait to see some of the awesome artwork from creators here!

1 Like

Hey folks,

I’ve made a tiny tweak to the templates (aligning the page number bubbles), and the updated files have been uploaded to the Drive.

@SunkenPlanets has also made some AWESOME Indesign templates, so those of you with Adobe subscriptions can get cracking. You can also find these in the drive.

4 Likes

Not sure where to start? Do you want some feedback on what you’re already working on? Don’t know where you’re going to get the artwork you need?

Join the Pit Zine Discord channel and ask away! We’re here to help. :+1:

3 Likes

A sneak peak of the latest cover art mock up! Does anyone else have any artwork they’ve been working on?

10 Likes

@Kingroy23 Got my submission in there for ya in the google drive folder. Let me know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

Awesome. These encounters look really great. If anyone has some spare time, it’d be great if you could paste Reptilian’s work into the template.

2 Likes

Any word on a hard due date?

2 Likes

Targeting the end of August.

1 Like