The OSR PIT zine

Hello Pitters!
It’s early days here in the OSR Pit for sure, but why not start making a zine together? We have enough writers, illustrators, proofers and layoutters to put something together for sure.

I’m thinking something like G+'s Chromatic Soup, as was spearheaded by Evlyn Moreau.

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and in what capacity you’d like to contribute. From there, we can figure out things like theme, length, etc.

Edit to add: I can write and am okay at layout.

11 Likes

I can always write or illustrate something.

2 Likes

I can write stuff and draw a bit of art!
edit: also, proofreading, 3d maps in Sketchup

1 Like

Very interested. Writing, very bad drawing, editing. I think having a whole bunch of tools and tables would be fun. Generate a dungeon, a town, that sort of thing.

2 Likes

Very interested. I’m primarily a writer and a copyeditor.

1 Like

I have too many projects running right now, but I could write something.

1 Like

http://3toadstools.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-god-of-kobolds-d30-bag-of-holding.html you can use this in the zine if you like.

2 Likes

I’ll volunteer to copy edit. Happy to contribute anything on this forum I’ve put up as well, including tools and Appendix N.

3 Likes

Cool. Looks like we already have enough people to get started.

EDIT: Removed the google doc as we’ve kept discussion here.

2 Likes

A lot of the questions feel like they could be discussed here. Feel free to open additional threads (maybe tag them as “zine” so they can easily searched). I’m thinking of opening a dedicated category for this project, but I would like to wait until a consensus has been decided for the name, so I don’t influence it.

2 Likes

This is an awesome idea! I’d love to help out with some artwork.

1 Like

For sure they could. I wasn’t sure if we wanted to go thread crazy for this project but discussing here would be much easier.

1 Like

I’ve recently bought Affinity Publisher, and would love to gain some more experience with it. Count me in for Layout, but I can also do a little bit of art and writing.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve been using Affinity Publisher for the last year or so as well. It’s not too different from Indesign. We can see how easy it is to share files, etc.

1 Like

I Iove affinity products. I have publisher, designer, and photo.

I made a pretty cool trifold pamphlet with publisher, I think it turned out really well.

1 Like

I’d be interested in contributing to the OSR Pit Zine. I can dig through some of the old notes and files to find monsters, notes on possible cities and countries.

I’m a better writer than anything else, but I would be interested in being taught the basics of Layout and editing so I can have those skills when I want to put together and publish my own projects.

I can sketch out the basic outline of dungeons and caves if you want me to put together something basic. I’m not artist though so don’t expect anything too crazy.

2 Likes

I think others pretty much covered it already, but if there’s need for an extra pair of eyes, I can do some copy-editing/proofreading.

1 Like

I am available for editing and writing! (and very bad simple drawings).

2 Likes

I can’t remember where folks were brainstorming names, but I liked “Chasm” that @KnightOwl recommended.

A couple that sounded good to me as I was trying to think up something was “The Dig” or maybe “The Dirt” - they both sorta suggest this underground news type zine.

Anyways, I’d be open to writing and art, depending on my schedule.

3 Likes

I’d like to be involved as well. I can offer some writing and I’ve been doing layout in Scribus and Google Docs Writer.

3 Likes