The OSR PIT zine

I’d like to be involved as well. I can offer some writing and I’ve been doing layout in Scribus and Google Docs Writer.

3 Likes

I can draw, try my hand at layout in Google Docs, or write (probably my strongest asset of the three).

2 Likes

I occasionally draw maps, I could easily come up with a map for the zine.

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ve put you into the contributors as cartographer.

1 Like

What about articles as edited excerpts from threads? Combine several voices into a dialogue about a subject. Many voices, opinions competing and collaborating instead of a single one. (Of course, the editor’s voice is the ultimate authority here, their framing forms the argument. But that’s cool!)

2 Likes

I see it like an interview article but with more than 2 people. The editor can do minimal content edits so it just sounds better on paper.

1 Like

This would really play on one of the strongest point of Discourse’s format. We could decide a theme and then start a dedicated topic, managed by the editor (I will add an admin notice on top, so everybody knows that the topic is going in the zine), which we could report in the zine as an article.

2 Likes

I can do layout design, if needed. Have experience with InDesign and various other things.

Same goes for maps, editing, etc.

4 Likes

Update on the Pit Zine.

A few of us have been talking about the best ways to channel all the creativity of the contributors and make sure everyone gets a chance to contribute. We’ll have an update after the weekend where we can really start getting this sucker finished. Get your pencils ready!

8 Likes

Hey there!

This is a great idea!

One of the precursors you may want to look at for inspiration (I haven’t seen it mentioned) is
Fight On! Magazine

I contributed articles and a lot of art to it back in the day… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another one, contemporary with Fight On! but not quite as long-lived, was Knockspell.

Oh, and one more—Nod. Created by the vastly underrated John Stater, it’s focused on his own setting, but is so full of useable stuff it’s a bit bewildering.

Can’t wait to see what gets produced!

(Looks like I can only put two links in a post. John’s site is easy to find, though…)

3 Likes

Right on! I read a couple of those back in the day and they were great. I’ll check out Knockspell and Nod.

We’re just assembling creative teams if you want to hop in.

No idea if you’re still looking for help, but I can write, and I can also provide amateur editing if need be.

2 Likes

Sorry if I missed the post or update, but,. .whatever happened to the zine? At a certain point some weeks ago there were so many ideas, posters and directions that I stopped reading. Is there a zine out, or a deadline when it comes out? Or is the project dead or,…? Has the actual collaboration/work on the zine and discussion about the zine moved elsewhere? If so, where please?

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing

2 Likes

Zine updates around the corner! We have outlined how production on the zine will be handled and are in the process of setting up all the assets for everyone to use. I apologize for the delays, overall it’s on my end due to real life stuff taking priority. We’re very close though - stay tuned!

PS: The cover artwork is almost completed as well! Hope y’all like Earth Krakens… :skull:

5 Likes

I can do a drawing if anyone wants
You can see my art here : https://www.instagram.com/lazy__litch/

6 Likes

Would absolutely dig that! I think your style would be a great fit. :crossed_swords:

1 Like

No worries Bluiss, amazing of you to be keeping on with it all!

If anyone wants content written, lists filled, ideas poked at or anything else, hmu.

Do we have a list of open topics anywhere?

2 Likes

Looks great, Lazy Litch!

1 Like

We’re finalizing templates and how to allocate spreads. Prepare those content creation juices folks :slight_smile:

5 Likes