Weird & Wonderful Worlds Megathread

Saker Tarsos: Weird & Wonderful Interviews

Not a new post but as of 2020-11-06 I’ve updated the About Me on my blog.

I also forgot to promote The Indigo Saint’s Cathedral, the first chapter of what was supposed to be a sort of “anti-Halloween” short story. Not anti in the sense of being opposed to Halloween, but more like, opposite of it, in some ways.

Maximum Recursion Depth Group 2 Play Report

Here’s the transcript of my interview with The HardBoiled GMShoe’s Office for my Kickstarter for Maximum Recursion Depth!

I haven’t been going out of my way to promote my blog posts lately, but I did something kind of unique with this one, or I think so anyway, so I wanted to give it some promotion.

This post is quite a bit different than my normal stuff, or actually any blogosphere post I can think of, seriously! And I’m really hoping to get some participation on it, I think you’ll see why when you give it a look.

Anyway, maybe it’s too weird or too up its own ass, but I think there could be something here, so please check it out!

1 Like

Weird & Wonderful Player Design Patterns (pt.1?)

Inspired by my I am a Bad Player thread. A blog post that lays out an approach to teaching Players how to play like we teach GMs how to GM; not just tips and tricks, but actual tools, in the form of Player Design Patterns that Players can apply when they game.

In this first post I just give one Player Design Pattern and one GM Design Pattern (for comparison), but I hope to post about more Player Design Patterns and write other Player-oriented posts in the future if people find this interesting or useful at all.

Game Design Patterns: Social Intrigue

I discuss my concept of Social Intrigue games, given feedback I’ve received both as a GM and as a player.

5d4 NPCs Generated with my Character Formula

A bunch of hopefully interesting NPCs and a means of making more of them.

I haven’t been super active on social media or blogging or other creative things lately because I recently moved, but I polished off this old draft inspired by a Chris McDowall / Bastionland post (linked inside) and I’m fairly happy with it.

Inverted Monsters

Gundobad-Style Micro-Setting Generator but Weird

Retrospective: Elves

A revisit of a very old blog post of mine where I come up with new takes on traditional fantasy species. The original post was not great, but these I think are much better.

1 Like

Lost track here, there have been a few more posts:

Tunnels & Trolls / Mark of the Odd Hack

Superhero Funnel Design Update 2

Batch of MRD Play Reports and GM Notes

Poltergeist Form Briefs

Ironic post-capitalist pro-corporate sentimentality as an aesthetic or genre

Dharmatics: A Karmapunk “Deconstruction” of Cybernetics

Has anyone else seen this anime!?

A generator for Reincarnation Ritual Recursion Attachments for Maximum Recursion Depth.

1 Like