What do you want to play?

To mirror @lichvanwinkle recent post about what we are playing currently;

To the GMs and players alike, what games and rule sets do you want to have the chance to play or run? What about the ruleset screams to you “run me” or “run me” as a DM? What system says “play me” or “adventure with me” as a player?

This is the What I wish I can run. What do you want to use but haven’t had the chance to use yet.

3 Likes

I have my own light ruleset and it’s almost done. I will be glad to share it when that happens–soon, I hope! That’s what I wish I was playing.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I will be interested to see what you have created. I got a handful of ideas that I want to create into rule sets and eventually play.

Let’s see…

• Something d100-based, possibly Mythras (likely centred around fantasy vikings) or perhaps Magic World (likely involving some sort of multiverse)
  • Against the Darkmaster when it comes out (or maybe Rolemaster Classic because I never actually played it).
  • Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate going full sandbox and turning the procedures up to 11 (or maybe Strange Tales of Songling if I wanted to go more episodic).
2 Likes

So, so many things…

Off the top of my head:

• Troika
  • Some version of ItO / EB (leaning towards Mutants of Ixx or a hack of Super Blood Harvest)
  • Batteries Not Included / BNI with OSR
  • A version of OSR D&D I’ve never played (leaning towards DCC or OSE)
  • Legacy: Life Among the Ruins 2e
  • Monsters! Monsters!

And any number of partially written and/or partially conceived settings I’ve been sitting on for a while but haven’t had the time or mental energy to fully flesh out…

2 Likes

I’d really like to play Ultraviolet Grasslands. Don’t really fussed about what ruleset - the less crunchy the better, perhaps - but I really want to see how such a differently paced and focused series of adventures play out.

1 Like

I don’t remember where I’ve read it before, but this combo got stuck in my mind: Ultraviolet Grasslands plus Electric Bastionland. Looks like an aesthetic match, but I dunno how easy or hard to mesh they’d be, lorewise.

4 Likes

Was literally going to post this same thing! Also, toss in Dancing with Bullets Under a Neon Sun, whenever that ships. Dunno how it would work but my body says yes to the concept.

1 Like

Apart from UVG (may it arrive soon!), I’m really chuffed to either GM or play Nuked! Post-apoc OSR Knave hack, just such a beautiful fit!

3 Likes

Yeah, I have this in the back of my mind from somewhere too. UVG could easily be Deep Country, and comes with at least the names for good number of failed careers.

Wow, perfect timing! I was just about to start writing my own hack, but this is great. This has shot up my want to play list!

2 Likes

Yeah, I love it - the perks & mutations list, the way the stats work, the gear, it’s a sweet little hack, it is.

1 Like