WHITEFRANK Role-Playing Game

Hawk Castle! soft cover just arrived. This one has sold the second best of any so far, no idea why. The Item Catalogue is also popular. Rulebook is still #1.

Eternal Voyage of Sinbad has just been released, digital version will be on DriveThruRPG soon. This one is genies, sailing, shipwrecks, lots and lots of charts, islands, spices, Franks, Byzantine, The Faithful and Sea Monsters. :slight_smile:

Barnes and Noble have begun selling the WHITEFRANK range and I got my author copy of the version sale there:

2 Likes

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/jonathan-nolan/whitefrank-six-gun-lullabye/paperback/product-8md64v.html?page=1&pageSize=4
SIX-GUN LULLABYE:
print version has released before the digital this time.
Wild West, with overland hex exploration charts, Mine Tunnel charts since Mines are the “dungeons” for the setting, Towns, random Town charts and founding your own Town and lots of character classes and era specific items etc.

Six-Gun Lullabye on sale at DriveThruRPG:

along with Goldfish Graveyard, the first collaboration between me and the super talented NYHUR!

1 Like

I added version 1.1 alpha of a character sheet as a free download. It is very plain and vanilla, I will see how to develop some variations for the Wild West, Sword and Sorcery, Planetary Romance, Modern Urban Horror and so on as time goes on.

Print version of Goldfish Graveyard has just arrived. Due to the brevity of the book it won’t be for sale in Target, Barnes & Noble, Dymocks or Booktopia etc. but Amazon will stock it and it’s on Lulu which is one of the printing sites where it is produced.

SCHOOL FOR SECRETS
An elite boarding school in the countryside - and a training centre for spies, thieves, assassins, elite warriors and more!

Complete charts to generate Students including “ordinary” high schoolers, Legacy Family members descended from famous ancestors, Scholarship Students and Transfer Students - with Dark Secrets!

Complete keyed map to the school, descriptions of all buildings, all Teachers and Clubs and Societies!

The players begin with blank slate child characters who grow and develop as the story unfolds.

I purchased your Wild West rules and I am really liking the design process around the classes/groups and how they fit together. Just leafing through it has me thinking of using this for my next western game if I can wrap my head around all of it’s differences.

1 Like

That’s great! The Arneson style classes - species as classes and “unbalanced” classes seem to be very popular. Lets you do Westworld for example - Android Gunslinger with Bonded Animal (Mechanical Steed) and so on.

All the sourcebooks follow much the same basic format - loads of charts and crunch but use it or not as you see fit. I price it all as low as possible so people don’t need to stress out over buying one or two or which one. :slight_smile:

Awesome, that sounds like it runs much closer to what I imagine for my current Fantasy Western setting I’m doing with my players. I’ll have to take a look at your other stuff to see what you have to offer.

You might have a convert on your hands here.

Non- character class characters are much weaker than character class characters - multi class characters can be very powerful, relatively speaking. But 3d6 will kill most characters outright so it usually balances out. When it doesn’t- there’s some reason. :slight_smile:

Print version of Six-Gun Lullabye arrived today so the first people who ordered it online should be receiving it now as well :slight_smile:

That’s fair, figure such a curve would be present between NPC Classes and PC Classes given what I’ve read from your messages. I will say, I like the free form-ness the rules and classes have with one another.

I think WHITEFRANK may become a contender for future games since genre meshing is something I like to do often in my games.

I began by studying the original Minnesota role-playing sessions and tried to capture the freestyle! approach they had. Some of the WHITEFRANK books are way crunchier than others, but the main thing I try and do is structure the books so it’s quick to pick up and play :slight_smile: Also a lot of WHITEFRANK purchasers have never even role-played before so it’s been fascinating reading some of their emails. Love hearing about the family games - little kids playing as a family with Mom and Dad or with an older brother or sister running it for them. Perfectly straight forward games from the sounds of it but stuff like Spider-Man, Hercules and a Unicorn as the crew of a ship in the Sinbad setting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GU12 S O L I T A R I
Adventure module / sourcebook for modern downtown weird adventures for WHITEFRANK

1 Like

ZOOMWAY!

With the discovery of the Corridors of Power, travel across the cosmos - and into Alternate Histories- becomes possible! Zoomways lead to destinations, each a setting for a new adventure!

But with the new exploration come unimaginable dangers, because others -hostile others- are already using the Zoomways…

Complete rules for Lost Astronauts, Pariahs (mutants) and even green Jackalopes to hurtle across the universe through the Zoomways!

Extensive charts for random worlds, random bases, random outposts and random creatures - as well as an Encounter Seeds chart and an intricate Adventure generator.

Alternate Histories - interlocking with the Many Histories and Earth-Number rules from GU12 SOLITARI but totally stand alone and with a different perspective again.

This sourcebook is perfect for “one and done” or travellers in time and space ongoing campaigns!

First supplement for ZOOMWAY, Dangerous Allies: UNOPERA.

Wow, you’re really churning these out! Do you have a process/tips for being able to create so much content, and so rapidly? It takes me ages to even put together small documents since I rework the same pages often.