Wizards Grimoire - Quindepitous Vixor

The Wizard’s Grimoire is something of an inside-out game, the only person who is required to know the rules is the player, while volunteers (who don’t need to know squat) act as the NPCs, world and story.

I’ve been trying to get Quindepitous Vixor out of his hovel by the saw-yards for what seems like ages, and I thought the signature of Aibesta of the Two Courts would be his ticket out, but as of yet, the contents of the grimoire have eluded me (yes, I own a print-out of the grimoire, and I’m not allowed to read it until Quidepitous has studied it. It is infuriating)

If anyone is interested in volunteering, let me know! I think this would be an interesting format for it, given that literally anyone can drop a suggestion in at any time. No conditions, no expectations, no requirements, just a few questions to answer and I’ll handle the rest!

I think I’m volunteering, how does it work?

Let’s find out!

My name is Quindepitous Vixor. I am a wizard of low to middling talent, with immense dreams. I am ambitious (2), extremely cunning (3), bold when required (1) and not particularly virtuous (0). In the course of my adventures and studies, I might exert myself empathetically (1), magically (1+1), mentally (4), physically (4), subtly (4), violently (4), or submit to circumstances (3), but you needn’t concern yourself with all of those numbers.

I lodge in a very small house behind a sawyard, containing my improvised workspace and a tiny bed. I have come into possession of the grimoire of Aibesta of the Two Courts. It is worth more than my life. I have barely scratched the surface of the grimoire in my studies, but I have learned how to Dispute a Wizardous Will and improved my magical capacity (+1). I know a few other cantrips, to Pronounce Liveliness upon my Shoes or Another’s, to Issue an Ominous Dissuasion, and to Unveil my Wizardous Senses. (In practice, I haven’t had much luck with my spells. Swift running is much more valuable).

I also possess a Morebus Fever Crystal, which was extracted from the young sick child of a widowed farmer (in actuality, it was Wizard Jessica who extracted the fever, but allowed me to take credit)

My other possession of value apart from the grimoire, is a silver lens that can decipher unfamiliar writing and perhaps reveal hidden secrets. I liberated this from the stash of Princess Vash (in actuality, I had considerable help from Wizard Jessica at the eleventh hour)

There are a few people I have met in the small city of… actually, what is the name of this city?

Wizard Jessica

• Trained in the arts of disease and healing
  • Paid to track my movements by an unknown entity
  • Knows of my possession of the Grimoire, I do not know if she has told anyone else

Stargazer Anna

• An elderly gentleman and a wise astrologer-hermit
  • Lives in a tower in a forest full of were-bears
  • Fond of sparkly clothing and staring at the night sky

Princes Vash

• Immensely strong and courageous fighter
  • Led the last campaign out into foreign lands, bringing back slaves and loot
  • I’m not sure if I was spotted fleeing the fete celebrating her numerous victories

You would find me sitting at home, staring into my very empty cupboards, and then into my very empty purse. I sigh, tuck the grimoire into it’s highly secure storage location (a loose floorboard under my bed, proof against damp and insects, which concern me much more than petty thieves), and head out to seek, if not my fortune, then at least enough for breakfast.

Who might I see wandering in the streets at this time of the morning? I have no clock myself, but the sun is well and truly up
I keep an eye out for any trouble, as is wont to come in this part of town. Do I see anything… off? Drunks, thieves, rascals, or worst of all, highborn sons?
I’m not particularly inclined to a job that pays little for long hours, I’m hoping to return to my studies soon. Even so, might I see any jobs on the neighbourhood noticeboard? Is anyone else looking upon the board?
What can I smell? Are cattle being brought to market today? Any horse-drawn carts leaving pungent waste behind?
And, what the hell with it, it worked out alright last time: Can I see anyone looking desperate, worried, and in need of, ahem, a wizard???