25-5-1 Ratio Hex Grids (For Printing)

These are numbered hex sheets derived from the Welsh Piper sheets, but made to print better on regular 8.5x11 paper. pretty much the “atlas” and “regional” sheets show a smaller overall area in order to be legible.

25-5-1 Ratio Numbered Hex Grids

an extra one: this one is pretty much a version of the New Big Dragon games area template (i cant remember what its called) but everything is stripped out and the hex grid is numbered. this one is also 5-1 ratio. I made it because I liked the NBD sheet, but would rather write on exactly what I need as opposed to filling out the prescribed blanks.

5-1 hex area template

I make this stuff with AutoCAD (of all things, it is my trade so its easier to just use it than learn something else.) I have made these, inventory sheets, and other stuff for people, and used it to make my character sheets for my OD&D world. if anybody has an idea/ a need/ is interested, i can probably whip something up that would be of use.(with the understanding that it will be freely shared of course).

2 Likes

I could see this being useful in many a binder!

I make this stuff with AutoCAD (of all things, it is my trade so its easier to just use it than learn something else.)

That’s makes sense, but is still very funny.

1 Like

I really like what you did here. I’m working on designing a smaller hex map with the hexes being 3 mile ones. How do the maths work out for that scale on one like your 5-1 hex area template?

I’ve been looking at changing to 3-mi hexes, too, so would you do a 24 mi - 3 mi combination?

I just did some mapping with ACKS pages using a 24 mi - 6 mi ratio and that isn’t quite what I want.

Simply follow the ratio

For 3 mile hexes I would look at the “regional” one and call the small hexes 3 miles, and the larger hexes that represent the hexes on the atlas level will be 3x5= 15 mile hexes.

I’ll try and fiddle with this please ping me somehow if you don’t hear from me in a few days

1 Like

You should see my misc .dwg file, I’m sure it would make any real like photoshop designer or layout persons head spin with the jankyness.

i played with it a little bit with it and I would just do 3 mile/ 15 mile hexes using my 5-1 sheets if i wanted to do that size, and just ignore the “local” sheet pretty much.

Thanks for looking at it.