Dungeon Magazine's Top 30 Adventures

I just put this retrospective of Dungeon Magazine’s 30 Best D&D Adventures up on my vlog:

What were your experiences running these modules? Any favorites missed? Is something added that shouldn’t be?

I’m interested in this community’s thoughts.

4 Likes

Nice video! Interesting that Queen of the Spiders was #1. It’s not one I’ve heard folks talking about so much these days and sounds like it’s definitely worth a look.

Keep up the great content!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

I’ve been wanting to check it out for some time, hopefully one day soon I can find a copy at a decent price and dive in to see what all the fuss is about.

I’m most interested in the comment around how “today you wouldn’t be able to write a module like this” as I’m assuming they’re referring to how the writing style has shifted over the years at WotC to be more like a novel than a module. Since there’s so much content, it’d be impossible for them to pull off now without reverting to the older style of writing.

Or so I assume, as I said, I don’t have a copy yet, but I’m excited to find out!

2 Likes

Well report back when you find out. I’m super curious about it since so many well-known people in the industry back then homed in on it!

1 Like

Great retrospective! I really enjoy these looks back at some of the older content, there’s so much out there that I forgot about.

1 Like