So, what are you working on currently?

I’m trying to get to grips with Affinity Design and Publisher, using my homebrew hack of a hack of a hack of OD&D. It’s tough trying to break away from the lazy habits developed by using Microsoft Powerpoint for so long…

1 Like

I’m populating a region for a Yoon-Suin hexcrawl that’s supposed to begin tonight.

It’s a salt desert where rain never falls, all the groundwater is brine, and people survive by distilling water with whatever fuel/heat source and still apparatus they can scrape together. Camel dung is treasure. Dry wood is treasure. A lens from the eye of a giant beast that you can use to focus sunlight is a priceless treasure.

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple gaming/hobby things going while my one year old monopolizes my dice. D&D on roll20/hangouts: Trying to keep up with a weekly Highfell the Drifting Dungeon campaign (last night I realized I hadn’t added any new maps in awhile. This is also the ongoing playtest of my Uncommon Dungeons home rules), and I’m running some 5e Undermountain for students and friends’ kids a couple times a week. Also trying to keep plugging away at painting the Reaper Bones 4 miniatures.

1 Like

I’m struggling to get the third issue of my zine Through Ultan’s Door into layout, along with a companion adventure by Gus L of Dungeon of Signs and All Dead Generations fame. I’m also working on the latest installment of series of downtime activity posts on my blog. But I’m having trouble finding time to do the work under quarantine since I have to work full time and provide childcare round the clock.

6 Likes

I’ve developed a recent obsession for super simple d6 systems. I’ve just made a d6 sci fi system for a friend’s zine project and am currently working on making a grimy fantasy version of the same rules.

Then I watched Westworld Season 3, so now I am making a super simple d6 cyberpunk system. I started with hacking and the matrix, because I think that is probably the most important part of a cyberpunk game. I think I’ve got a solid simple system worked out!

Edit: Here it is: https://lizardmandiaries.blogspot.com/2020/04/shit-future-d6-cyberpunk.html

4 Likes

I love me some d6 systems, I just finished my super-fighty d6-only system (and I’ll probably never play it again, wah wah)

2 Likes

Nice layout there. Very readable.

I’ve written a Gardens of Ynn-inspired module around delving into a Victorian-era mansion being rebuilt from the inside by a mad angel. It’s going to get some playtesting as soon as my regular group finish up a rescue mission in Shadowrun. It’s not going so well at the moment, because half of us are having trouble staying connected to Roll20. But we’re muddling through.

I’m also converting some of my older blog posts to PDFs, using Scribus for layout. I have a half-formed idea about whacking them on an itch.io page.

1 Like

I’ve been revisiting some old ideas and breathing life into them on my blog. I started with a concept I had to explore what happens if my regular planescape game “failed” or lost. It explores a ruined world where the planes themselves have broken down and all life has eroded. I would love any feedback or initial thoughts on the concept before I move towards attaching some actual rules to it.

Sigil: Worlds Undone

Thanks! I used Dark Sun as my template.

Just started playtesting this hellhole:

and the variable gravity direction has been hilarious. The entire party of five got split and teleported to entirely different parts of the dungeon all alone; the halfling rogue rolled bad and ended up falling horizontally to their doom. Two others eventually met up in the same level, but with opposite gravities, and have been using each other like weighted balloons to float up and down shafts and pitfalls.

and it’s a right bugger to map.

12 Likes

This looks awesome, what did you use to create the map?

1 Like

Adobe Illustrator. I’m a graphic designer and illustrator in the real world, so good overlap of skills for RPGs.

It’s incredible, keep up the good work!

1 Like

I would love to take my art skills to a higher level for stuff like this. Do you have any good resources on Illustrator? I’ve used it before but the switch to vector art is rough for me.

Honestly no, not really, beyond practice practice and looking for online tutorials. All my training was on-the-job and ad-hoc so I don’t have a specific course to recommend, sorry.

Crikey! That looks heaps lethal.

Hi there everyone! I’m currently working on a Miami Vice-inspired investigative rpg! The idea is to make a minimalist system that supports an OSR-style of play in the contest of investigative adventures, but since good adventure writing is always the hardest and most important aspect of every rpg, in my opinion, this is just an excuse to find a format for good investigative scenarios. In that regard I’m currently experimenting with node-based design inspired by the Alexandrian.

Here’s the first in a series of blog-post I’m planning to write about it! https://atremulousland.blogspot.com/2020/04/miami-vice-inspired-rpg-part-1.html

2 Likes

Recently:

• Working on my own scifi setting which i started years ago. Now appyling what i’ve learned from the osr-sphere. Originally a prose project, then for Traveller solo play, now for Traveller/Mothership. Also some rules hacks for this.
  • Fantasy setting, with about 4 module ideas, 1 almost finished (actually played it and subsequently lost interest, because its not too great). Tying this to my growing collection of published modules.
  • A light two page WW2 ruleset idea i wrote two days ago. No actual content for this, inspired by bx and mothership (and mawbreakers for sure)
1 Like

I have far too many things on the go, I just randomly work on each when I get a idea. Currently : a few five room dungeons, a small detailed provincial fantasy setting, way too many “campaign ideas” and the systems to use.