Artwork for OSE

Hi all

I thought people might be interested in seeing some artwork I’ve created for OSE; in this particular example, for the upcoming Monsters tome. This image depicts (from top and going clockwise) a Xorn, a Flail Snail, a Mimic and Strangleweed.

36 Likes

Wow! Love this stye, really great!

How long have you been drawing and can you go into detail about your process? Is this digital or do you do it physical and scan?

I’ve been drawing since the age of 3 or 4, probably earlier. These pieces are digital, but closely match quite a lot my traditional ink work. The basic process for them was to create basic rough sketches to show to Gavin from Necrotic Gnome, and once they were given the okay I then created the finished pieces. These are all fairly small spot illustrations as the OSE books follow a digest format.

3 Likes

Love your work! You really help make OSE what it is.

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

So good! Look forward to seeing your work in print!

1 Like

Thanks all :slight_smile: Here are some more examples - (l to r) Cave Bear, Bats, Piercers:

9 Likes

Ahhh big fan of your work! Cannot wait to see it in print. Glad you’ve joined us here in the pit as well!

1 Like

Jerry! Please post more!

Do you take commissions?

1 Like

This is the most recent image I’ve created, for the upcoming OSE magical items book. This depicts a Cloak of Flying:

And yes, I do take commissions :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Fantastic! You are very talented.

1 Like

This is a really great piece!

1 Like

Jerry, these are all wonderful.

1 Like

Wow, so good! lots to learn from in your work!

1 Like

This is excellent! Makes me want to game the scene!

1 Like

Yes, I tried to do a bit of story telling with the images where possible.

The cave bat looks awesome and I love the idea of a wall (or a whole dungeon!) mimic.

edit: whoops super necro

1 Like

I really like the perspective on the piercer piece.

1 Like

Luckily it’s just the door that’s the mimic :smile:

1 Like

Man, I wish I had your skills. Looking great!

1 Like