The OSR PIT Zine is ALIVE! Now open for submissions

Thanks, just found his stuff, really amazing!

2 Likes

My apologies, been out of the loop for a bit. I am whiling to complete a map or two for the zine. I can produce either the oh-so-popular hatching style or my current preferred old school style. Check my blog for examples of both: https:www.msjx.org

I typically ask for a roughed out layout from the author for a project like this, something as simple as squares and circles connected with lines, but we can work it out over discussions. If no one needs a map for their project, I can simply draw up a new one to be inserted as a generic resource in the zine.

2 Likes

I got @reptilianesotericaā€™s table into the template, but I think it clearly shows my lack of experience with layout. Thereā€™s room for a spot art piece in there somewhere, but itā€™ll require someone more skilled than me to get everything into the pages correctly to make it fit.

I also changed the font size in the tables - 10 for the table header, 8 for the text. It was the largest I could get it and still make it fit, and incidentally it matches the font changes I made in my d100 table (still not uploaded because Iā€™m waiting on art)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve almost (i.e. very slowly) finished my 3d20 dungeon room table. Iā€™m still deciding on the headers to split up the columns though. The general themes are:

• Things that will cause a large effect if you interact with them in a small way (e.g. an easily tippable cauldron full of an unknown liquid)
  • Things that will cause an effect proportional to how they are interacted with (e.g. a bottomless pit)
  • Everything else (e.g. this chamber is actually an immense three-eyed skull)
3 Likes

My finished d100 Tunnel Oddity table was just uploaded to the drive.

@Spwack how about headers along the lines of ā€œYou notice aā€¦ā€ ā€œā€¦and aā€¦ā€ ā€œā€¦and that the room isā€¦ā€

4 Likes

First draft complete, 60 items sorta mostly fits on one pageā€¦ it just looks really bad in three uneven columns. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Nice job on finishing the rough draft! Just to clarify, you signed up for one spread so youā€™ve got two pages for your content.

Just an update on snowmanā€¦ I should have it all ready to submit by the end of the weekend. Canā€™t wait to share it with the world and ask DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN? Course you do!

3 Likes

Did some test plays and itā€™s been a lot of fun making this! Itā€™s my first go at something like this. Thanks for the opportunity.

3 Likes

Awesome, Iā€™m looking forward to Olafā€™s evil twin :laughing:

@Kingroy23 Wrapping up my submission. do you have a hard date/time that you need it by?

2 Likes

Deadline is going to be 5 September.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. Should have done a better job looking through the comments. Looked at the original post.

Thanks and sounds good!

2 Likes

With the deadline being 9/5, is there any room for more visual submissions? Honestly, havenā€™t been sure how to access the material, or where/how to submit, and further more, how close to written content the submission should be? Grateful for any assistance. And yet, if my pictures donā€™t fit, no hard feelings! They perhaps arenā€™t appropriate for the Pit aesthetics.

2 Likes

Hey @perplexingruins! I got you on my list of artists if one of our creatorā€™s needs some artwork. I have a feeling we will end up with some empty spots on the master version once we put everything together - at that point we will definitely be considering all the amazing art people have been offering as well. So cool of you to offer help!

1 Like

@Kingroy23 ahhh I see. A double spread is 4 pages, I thought it was just 2. This makes way more sense.

@perplexingruins since I suddenly have a whole extra page to work with, I would absolutely love some artwork!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s really kind @LF_OSR , if something should come up, just let me know! the instagram account is the best place to have a look if the need should arise. Cheers!

1 Like

@Spwack thatā€™s great. sorry to say Iā€™m not exactly sure how this worksā€¦how do find your contribution, to make something specific? I suppose also if you see something on my instagram page, then you can let me know. looks like a dungeon generator table. Any thoughts on what youā€™d prefer for that?

3 Likes

You know what, neither do I! Here is approximately what I presume the layout will be:

And the text: https://pastebin.com/5t21Ra1F

That bottom right-hand corner and the lower half of the second page should be enough room for, well, whatever you want??

1 Like

This looks great, thanks for sending! Will try my best to have something for you to look at soon. Cheers

2 Likes