The OSR PIT Zine is ALIVE! Now open for submissions

No rush at all, I think images are being done slightly later?

It just occurred to me that maybe posts in the setting thread donā€™t get automatically added and thatā€™s why @Kingroy23 suggested that people who have already contributed on that side sign up for slots. Are there any left?

I use Scribus for layout, so the templates wonā€™t work for me. Is there an estimate of how much text will fit on a page?

1 Like

Just added my submission to the drive, hopefully I did all the template stuff correctly.

2 Likes

Youā€™re in luck! I reserved a double spread for random setting stuff. I think about 2 of the 4 pages will be taken up by intro text/some accompanying tables leaving 2 pages available. You can squeeze a max of around 500 words into a page, but Iā€™d recommend capping it before that. Thereā€™s a folder in the google drive for where you can submit plain text, and then someone here with Publisher/InDesign can pop it into the template.

Angler Frog looks great! Would you mind exporting a copy of it to .pdf and putting it in the pdf folder :smiley:

1 Like

Here are two pieces to use with @Spwack 3d20 tables:

10 Likes

Oh wow, these are absolutely gorgeous :scream:

2 Likes

@Kingroy23 thanks! Iā€™m pleased with the turnout, just let me know where I can dump them, in case they can be used. Cheers

1 Like

I can totally do the pdf, but itā€™ll be a minute as Iā€™m working out of town an donā€™t have my computer.

2 Likes

Wow! I am hugely impressed (and more than a little jealous!)

I can try and wrangle some kind of layout, these are the highest quality copies?

You can drop them in here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EG_FkGoPaDZY4J3fTCk_Hk_NNLiMVd6Y

Iā€™ve just added ~800 words on town factions to the ā€˜template neededā€™ folder.

1 Like

Great! I might have some free time this weekend, and Iā€™ll try to paste it into the template.

Iā€™ve dropped a doc into the ā€œsubmissions (need template)ā€ folder. The layout and images might need to be up to someone with, ya know, aesthetic sense, but I can try and wrangle something if neededā€¦

2 Likes

Hey yā€™all,

Just wanted to check in since the deadline is right around the corner (tomorrow!).

Iā€™ve gotten submissions from @maderschramm, @FilthPig, @MrVekyl, @bordercholly, @Spwack (Needs to be popped into a template), @reptilianesoterica, @Nyhur + @LF_OSR, @Lancraft, @SunkenPlanets (two submissions actually), and @bullshark.

I need submissions from @LoneArchivist, @LF_OSR (I know youā€™re almost done), @Vacuumjockey, @Lazy_Litch (I think youā€™re almost done too), @thekernelinyellow, and @Max.

Please let us know if I missed you/ grouped you wrong or if your submission needs templating/ some art. Looks like some people are missing/ have extra pages so Iā€™ll hold off writing the introduction until I know how many pages I have available (Iā€™ll also include some misc tables that people have contributed).

Things are shaping up nicely. Canā€™t wait :laughing:

4 Likes

We cannot wait either ! :snowman_with_snow::innocent:

2 Likes

Damn I think I misunderstood double spreadā€¦ I just made 2 separate spreads :flushed:

2 Likes

Not a problem - thank you for submitting the two spreads!

2 Likes

Just placed the two drawings in the art folder

2 Likes

Uploading mine shortly!

1 Like

All good, both of them look great!

Wonderful! Those are for @Spwack I think.

Great, really looking forward to it!

3 Likes