The OSR PIT Zine is ALIVE! Now open for submissions

And done. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

@Kingroy23

I submitted the PDF version of th Angler Toad as well.

Both my submissions are saying Iā€™m missing fonts, but I downloaded everything and tried to put them in and it never seems to have worked? When it tells me theyā€™re missing, it offers to let me locate them, but then wonā€™t let me select the font downloads. So far, I hate Affinity Publisher.

1 Like

Hmm, thatā€™s interesting. Hopefully we can replace the missing fonts on our end once we compile this together. Thanks for submitting Angler Toad!

1 Like

Absolute worst case, it does its own ā€œreplacementā€ with similar fonts, so thereā€™s something there that looks correct ish.

Absolutely. Looking forward to seeing the full deal, and canā€™t wait to get my hands on some POD copies for the family.

2 Likes

Submitted my Resources spread! Creepy Mineral Maggot illustration included. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry everybody, I was on vacation. Iā€™ve sent my text to @Max for typesetting, but havenā€™t heard from him. I will upload the text if anybody wants to typeset it.

2 Likes

@Kingroy23 for my snowman credit I want to be linked to my blogā€¦ www.spookyrusty.com

3 Likes

Hey just checking in with everybody. Howā€™s the zine coming along?

1 Like

The zines coming along nicely. @maderschramm is compiling and editing all of the submissions, and I believe it will be completed by the end of the month (?). We discuss a lot more of the minutiae on the Discord so if anyone wants more frequent updates, just click the link below.

@LF_OSR and @bordercholly are both creating more art too which is sweet.

3 Likes

This looks like such a cool idea! Iā€™m very excited to check it out and would be super down to make content for future issues.

3 Likes

Welcome, welcome! This has been a really fun project; and I hope we can make further issues down the road, where all contributions are welcome.

3 Likes

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!

Thank you to everyone who contributed, gave ideas, drew art, and a huge shoutout to @maderschramm for putting in so much work on the editing phase of the zine. With that said, the final files have been submitted to DTRPG (and to Lulu shortly as well), and will hopefully be approved soon.

6 Likes

@maderschramm @Kingroy23 Wow, this looks great! Very generous of you to include my little drawing in this thank you, though I wonder if I may be included in the credits for the artwork at the beginning? Perplexing Ruins

1 Like

When I asked @Kingroy23 who contributed to the introduction he didnā€™t mention you,which piece is yours?

1 Like

ah whoops, it must have slipped my mind. Its the first one, the inky black river and the adventurers straddling it.

2 Likes

Ok, Iā€™ll update the docs later today

3 Likes

all good, thanks again for all this effort

1 Like

thank you - all this effort is really generous - nicely done!

1 Like

Thanks!

I added you to the credits, we definitely want to make sure those that contributed are recognized. I gave the files to @Kingroy23 and when theyā€™re on DTRPG or printed from Lulu youā€™ll see it in the final version.

1 Like

I missed this one, only reading yout it now !
I definetly want to be active for the second oneā€¦
Iā€™ve one article in french iā€™ve written on ā€œhow to write random tablesā€. I could adapt it and translate it for 2nd issue, if there is interestā€¦
Ready to do some artworks too :wink:

2 Likes