What map making software do you use/recommend?

So, the discussion at Dungeondraft - Dungeon Making software started to sprout out a lot of interesting software and currently my map making software is Google Images. Hive mind of the Pit, what do you suggest as a map making software?

1 Like

Wonderdraft for world maps (don’t tell @LF_OSR though :wink:).

For dungeon maps I like Grid Cartographer 4 a lot. The dev is also great and very responsive. I requested the traditional white on blue theme and he implemented it in a day.

1 Like

I like the simplicity and clarity of Gridmapper:

3 Likes

World Maps - I do these manually with some homebrew software that basically emulates Wonderdraft, I also use Photoshop
Outdoor Maps - Flowscape. I’ll be posting how I go about using this software this weekend, stay tuned!
Indoor / Dungeon Maps - My secret weapon, Mipui (learn how to use this bad boi and thank me later)

1 Like

Hexkit and Draw.io.

The former is used for… Hex Maps.

The latter is great for city maps.

I’ve also used Wonderdraft.

2 Likes

HexKit and Gridmapper.
Although most of my maps never go past the hand-drawn sketch phase.

1 Like

I’m a big believer in hand-drawing maps; even if you’re not a great artist it’s a lot easier than you think to make them look nice. Dyson’s tutorials are godsends.

1 Like

I used to be, too, but I was also a big believer in having 3+ maps ready at any given time, because at least two would be lost to the existential chaos that follows my wake. I have more control over computer files.

2 Likes