@LF_OSR Art Corner

@LF_OSR your work brings strong Lynd Ward vibes, and maybe John Vassos. I could really see this work in a story without text, like Ward made. Kind of woodcut. Printed on really nice paper, minimal, nicely bound. Could be a really inspired “coffee table” art book. Many of your pictures say so much with seemingly little effort. Or all nicely matted, framed in birch frames, lined up in a minimal gallery, these would just jump off the wall! Nice job again

2 Likes

Wow, those are some big names! I’m so honored to even vaguely remind people of their amazing works. I took months to study this style I’m aiming for, not even really sure if I could do it, and it’s been so inspiring to see everyone’s reception to it. One of the biggest driving forces in my artwork is just how supportive this community is.

I am working on some bigger projects, including official prints on some nice natural linen paper, and a pretty large secret project which will feature lots of artwork for everyone to enjoy. What you described just might become a reality! It’s exciting but also quite intimidating - kind words like yours definitely encourages me to keep going, though. Thank you for the great response, friend.

I wrote up a highlight for Blackoath Entertainment’s Seekers Beyond the Shroud, and even got to interview @Alex_Blackoath! Give it a read if you’d like, and give Alex a shout out if you enjoyed the book!

4 Likes

It was a real pleasure to answer your questions, thanks so much for the opportunity!

1 Like

oh shoot, you’re the author of Disciples of Bone and Shadow? I’ve always been interested in that game!

2 Likes

Yes I am, thanks so much for your interest! Now’s a good moment to hop into the game cause the recently released expansion adds a whole new dimension to it. We’ll soon be doing a reprint of the core book as well!

2 Likes

Another highlight! This one is of @Lex_Mandrake’s The Shifting City - a really cool zine and music LP combo. Really useful to drop into pre-existing campaigns and makes for a great setting transitioning tool as the city phases in and out of different planes of existence. More about it here: https://lfosr.com/highlight-the-shifting-city/

4 Likes

A conglomeration of survivors of Humanoid nastiness, they are now holed-up in this frontier fort. They fly the black flag to let the Humanoids know that they are not backing down: this is the last stand.

1 Like

Love you writing @Timeshadows! Can’t wait to read more.

Here’s another illustration for everyone. Bit of an unknown creature, I imagine you’d find this thing silently floating in a deep, pitch black cave.

4 Likes

I’ve been working a dark and decrepit setting for my Knave players, known as the Deadlands. Here’s some terrain I was messing with for the setting!

2 Likes

Last of the spooky illustrations for the scary season! Would your party attempt to climb the stairs…?

As always, more of my work is on Instagram for those curious! https://www.instagram.com/lf_osr/

4 Likes

This is a great one! (The stairs)

1 Like

Ahh thank you, much appreciated!

Here’s another interior illustration! This one is for a sand temple my players are soon to enter. The temple was created by a long forgotten religious group that worshiped the sun, and believed their prophet was the embodiment of said sun. After their prophet passed, they built this temple as a tribute, a place a worship, and a tomb. Oh, they also loaded it with other mummies as well. :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Just want to say how much I love your art! I’ve been a follower on Instagram for a while, but since I’ve stopped using Instagram I was really bummed that I wouldn’t be seeing your posts anymore. So glad that you’re posting here!

3 Likes

I really appreciate that! Definitely trying to make my stuff more accessible to those that don’t use social media. Glad you are back in the Pit btw!

2 Likes

I made a little digital trifold to give people a quick preview of my Kickstarted book, A Packet of Particular Peaks! The trifold, titled “A Glance at the Particular Peaks”, contains some details about the peaks, a couple of beasts that you might find there, a one-page dungeon (although, it’s really a tower to explore), and the official “A Packet of Particular Peaks Theme Song” composed by fantasy synthesizer producer Quest Master!

Get the free digital trifold here:

4 Likes

You’re doing great work, Leo! Very excited about this project and for you!

1 Like

Much appreciated @maderschramm! It’s been an exciting journey and I cannot wait to show everyone some more previews of the final product. :crossed_swords:

1 Like

Long time coming, but the L.F. OSR Shop is now open!

I’ve been lurking here quite a bit since working on my recently Kickstarted book, A Packet of Particular Peaks, but I figured some here might be interested in seeing what I’ve been up to. :crossed_swords:

I’ve got all kinds of old school inspired goodness available for pre-order, including copies of A Packet of Particular Peaks, for those that missed out on the first run! Thank you to anyone that checks out the shop, I appreciate your time!

LFOSR-SQR-Shop

6 Likes