The Big Introductions Thread

Hey ya’ll. My name is Andrew Knapp and I am an avid tabletop gamer and collector. My D&D drug of choice is holmes, b/x, and becmi. I am into several OSR iterations of these rulesets, my two favorites being LotFP and Blueholme. My preferred style of game is with black powder firearm technology and I am currently in the process of making a hexcrawl based on slavic folk fantasy. On the collecting side, I focus on TSR era stuff and, of course, all the fine works put out in the OSR by people like you! I am around on Youtube as sr2joker and have a blog I just recently rebooted called rpgmatchlock. I look forward to joining the conversation.

5 Likes

Hey all!

My name is Sofinho. I write the blog http://aloneinthelabyrinth.blogspot.com/, I’m often on the OSR discord or r/osr and I check in on twitter about 6000 times a day because it’s terrible for my mental health.

Play and run most permutations of D&D (usually stop at anything after 2e tho… apart from GLOG or Swords & Wizardry!) as well as Maze Rats and Mothership and my own proto-neolithic B/X spin-off PARIAH.

Looks like a lot of familiar faces so I’m happy to be here.

9 Likes

Hello.

FilthPig, Filth, or Pig please

Been playing ttrpgs since 4e in 2013.

Goblin Punch and Coins and Scrolls were my two big introductions to the OSR and they blew my mind. I knew I was dissatisfied with 4e, but couldn’t articulate my frustrations and the OSR felt like something made specifically for me.

Since then, I’ve lurked and played on and off.

3 Likes

Hello. I’m Rob, and over the past twenty years or so I’ve played in and ran D&D and other games with various amounts of success. Currently playing with my long-time gaming table of friends in a home-brewed hexcrawl sandbox using the GMs hack of 2e, and currently running HPS’s The Lost Isle using Knave.

Sometimes I blog at Penny Ventures on things like interactive fiction, improvisation, mechanical subsystems, and solo and duet play. Currently I’m working on Crook, which I think will eventually be a toolkit for running thiefy games for a single player and GM.

3 Likes

Lots of new Pitties, here! Welcome @RedDiceDiaries, @Sr2joker, @AloneInTheLabyrinth, @FilthPig, @RobMagus!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Please, feel free to ask any question you have about how this forum works either here or in my PMs.

4 Likes

Hey, I’m Liam,

I go by bordercholly for my music and nerd stuff on the internet. I live in Ithaca, NY, and work night shifts at a giant haunted library. I’m a newish dad, and it’s the best.

I’ve been playing TTRPGs off and on since about 2004, when I started playing DND 3.5e with my brother and our friends. I got into Pathfinder for a bit when I moved to the midwest after college, and started playing again with some 5e about 3 years ago with my old high school crew.

Corona has really increased my RPG playing. I just got into OSR games and am loving all the DIY spirit in this community.

Cheers,
Liam(bordercholly)

7 Likes

Hello. Really new to tabletop games. After finding the amazing pool of DIY Print-and-Play tabletop games, I discovered all the cool activity in RPGs. Discovering that it’s so much vaster than D&D was eye opening. Been in the arts for years, have written reviews for literature. RPGs seems to fuse both of those interests. Learning to play using Basic Fantasy RPG solo

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Max.
I co-wrote an upcoming MERP-inspired game called Against the Darkmaster
I also have a small blog where I occasionally post random RPG-related stuff, but it’s all in Italian, I’m afraid.

Nice to meet you!

5 Likes

Hi all, I’m a long time OSR aficionado and I’m mostly here to stay up to date on the latest news. It has been kinda hard to keep up since the fall of Google+, but it’s nice to see new communities popping up :-).

4 Likes

There can be only one Max here sir…:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Welcome @bordercholly, @perplexingruins, @MaxVsDarkmaster and @Whidou!

I’m happy to see all this new people in the Pit!

Also, we passed the 200 users mark sometime ago and are getting close to 300. We should start digging deeper.

4 Likes

I’ll fetch my katana, see you on the rooftop at midnight!

3 Likes

Let the duel begin! :crossed_swords:

@MaxVsDarkmaster @quantum_metaphysics please remember that duels to the first blood are against the Pit’s rules. You either fight to the death or get banned.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! New member (obviously) and stumbled onto this place (and Discourse in general) when I found a mention of the Pit zine by chance. Looks like some great topics and conversation here, so I’m looking forward to digging deeper.
I’m Reese (also Koren or Koren n’Rhys in various places) and an OSR fan going way back. I like simpler systems, S&W (primarily WB), BFRPG, and primarily OSE nowadays sicne I’m really a BX guy at heart.
Project wise, I can’t say I’ve actually done much of anything to contribute to the scene as of yet. Mostly talk and wishful thinking, lol. My never-ending project is to bring cyberpunk/Shadowrun to BX, though there have been many false starts with other systems. I’m hopeful (and fairly confident thb) that OSE will actually let me get there eventually.

4 Likes

i like how you both think you are the true Max

3 Likes

Welcome to the Pit @rlaundry!

Welcome @rlaundry ! Glad you made your way here.

Hello,

my name is Daniel and I’m from Zagreb, Croatia. I started with AD&D2e in the early nineties, but am recently more interested in OSR and PbtA games. Of the latter, Whitehack and OSE are my usual systems of choice.

I’m currently working on a light PbtA game with an OSR flavouring, Heart & Glory.

I also have some other OSR projects (settings/modules) that I maybe plan to share with the world :slight_smile:

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and inspiration with everyone here!

5 Likes

Welcome to the pit, Daniel!

2 Likes